If you haven't downloaded and installed MGtools Pro, please download the zip package here:
Make sure you download the right package that matches your operating system.
Ps. If you downloaded MGTools from Maya App Store, just follow its own installation steps and ignore the instruction below.
- Unzip the package. Find a file called "InstallMGTools_WrittenByMiguel.mel", drag and drop it into a Maya 3d View.
- An installation wizard dialog pops up, just follow it to install.
Ps. if the dialog didn't pop up in Linux, try drag and drop again.
- Keep clicking the "NEXT" button until you reach a page that is full of options.
Ps. If you do not find the "NEXT" button, scale the dialog larger.
- Read the options, check them on/off.
- Make sure you check on "Register MGtools" option in the bottom right.
- Hit the "INSTALL!" button to install.
- For distributing MGTools in your studio pipeline, check out the "Distribute MGTools" session here.
For the floating license, you need to download the extra package called MG-LicenceConnector from http://mgland.com/MGtools_en.html?url=Download , it is portable software, just unzip the package and it is good to run.
Both MGTools and MG-Picker Studio share the exact same connector, you only need to download once from either webpage.
Here is how to register MGTools for node-locked license.
Here is how to connect MGTools to floating license